Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Other Guys Preview Screening by Sony Pictures and Advertlets

I have been thinking really hard about this. How do outcasts stand out? By definition alone, they should not stand out. Not really anyway. People notice outcasts but choose to not acknowledge them.

But lately, you can see that outcasts or the other guys have been standing out.

The best example I could think of... are from the movies or TV series. More and more shows now are made with nerds and geeks either as the lead or as one of the sidekicks. Chuck, The Big Bang Theory and countless cop shows like CSI or Bones. They all feature one outcast or another and they all play important roles to the storylines.

I have to admit that I am one of those nerds. Shy wallflower types that nobody would notice. Yup, I am sooooo The Other Guys. If the normal guys aren't around or busy, then only I'd come into the picture. Socially or at work, it's all the same.

But this ain't a pity party. I am okay with it. Some people are not that nice anyway. Hehehe.

Lately though, I have been singled out a lot. Like somehow I've stood out amongst the outcasts. Am not sure how, but people found out about my blogs. Okay, so I put my blogs at my facebook profile. How was I supposed to know people would read...

So now, this wallflower who used to coast on by without so much of a whimper... is a copywriter at work... thanks to his nerdy skills... and people come up to me with a lot of questions and asking help with scripts and stuff...

Don't get me wrong. I am still one of The Other Guys for sure... nobody bothers to include me in any of their plans... but they'd wanna join me for whatever it is that I am up to... weird eh?

Anyway, guess that's one of the advantages of being The Other Guys. You're kinda free to do whatever you want, however you want it, whenever you want it. You are not confined to other people's time, or interests or quirks.

And for the most part, people still leave you alone, which is exactly what I like. I mean, you can go off without people asking for you or wondering where you've gone off to.

For me, that's the best part of being one who doesn't fit in or an outcast.

And no, I am not gonna go all 'Carrie' on you normal folks at the preview... :)





For bloggers who wish to join this competition or wanna see the preview with the Advertlets team, go here --> http://www.advertlets.com/weblog/2010/09/10/advertlets-presents-the-other-guys-preview-screening-this-12th-october-2010/

0 comments: