Monday, January 17, 2011

Recap - Golden Globes

Best Motion Picture - Drama: The Social Network (2010)

I said...
Will Win: The Social Network
Should Win: The Social Network
Wish List: Inception


Yay me! Score 1 out of 1

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Colin Firth for The King's Speech (2010)

I said...
Will win: Jesse Eisenberg
Should Win: Jesse Eisenberg
Wish List: James Franco

Oh, nay me... Score 1 out of 2

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: The Kids Are All Right (2010)

I said...
Will Win: The Kids Are All Right
Should Win: The Kids Are All Right
Wish List: Red

Yay... Score 2 out of 3

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Natalie Portman for Black Swan (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Natalie Portman
Should Win: Natalie Portman

Double points? 3 out of 4

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Paul Giamatti for Barney's Version (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Johnny Depp
Should Win: Jake Gyllenhaal


A complete miss... although the experts did pick Giamatti... guess I'm no expert eh? hahahha... 3 out of 5

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy: "Glee" (2009)

I said...
Will Win: Modern Family
Should Win: 30 Rock
Wish List: The Big Bang Theory

A win for a lacklustre season? Hmm... either way, am happy for Glee finally getting the gold... 3 out of 6

Best Director - Motion Picture: David Fincher for The Social Network (2010)

I said...
Will Win: David Fincher
Should Win: Christopher Nolan

Right on the money... 4 out of 7

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Melissa Leo for The Fighter (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Jacki Weaver
Should Win: Helena Bonham Carter
Wish List: Amy Adams

Thought the two noms from The Fighter would have split the votes... guess they wanted to make it up to her for Frozen River... 4 out of 8

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Jim Parsons for "The Big Bang Theory" (2007)

I said...
Will Win: Alec Baldwin
Should Win: Jim Parsons
Wish List: Matthew Morrison

Should win... does that count? Executive decision... yup it counts... ahhaha 5 out of 9

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy: Laura Linney for "The Big C" (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Laura Linney
Should Win: Tina Fey

Hah! So out of the blue... 6 out of 10

Best Foreign Language Film: Hævnen (2010)(Denmark)

I said...
Will Win: Biutiful
Should Win: I Am Love

Figured as much... 6 out of 11

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: Claire Danes for Temple Grandin (2010) (TV)

I said...
Will Win: Claire Danes
Should Win: Claire Danes
Wish List: Jennifer Love Hewitt

Do I get two points here? Hhahaha... 7 out of 12

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television: Al Pacino for You Don't Know Jack (2010) (TV)

I said...
Will Win: Ian McShane
Should Win: Al Pacino

8 out of 13

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Annette Bening for The Kids Are All Right (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Annette Bening
Should Win: Julianne Moore
Wish List: Emma Stone

Predicted in the Will Win column... 9 out of 14

Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3 (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Toy Story 3
Should Win: Tangled
Wish List: How To Train Your Dragon

Yay me... 10 out of 15

Best Original Score - Motion Picture: The Social Network (2010) - Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross

I said...
Will Win: Hans Zimmer
Should Win: Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross

Yes they should... 11 out of 16

Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Burlesque (2010/I) - Diane Warren("You Haven't Seen The Last of Me")

I said...
Will Win: You Haven't Seen The Last of Me
Should Win: I See The Light

You go, Diane Warren! 12 out of 17

Best Television Series - Drama: "Boardwalk Empire" (2009)

I said...
Will Win: Mad Men
Should Win: The Walking Dead

Completely missed the mark... 12 of out 18

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Steve Buscemi for "Boardwalk Empire" (2009)

I said...
Will Win: Bryan Cranston
Should Win: Jon Hamm

Again, missed the mark... 12 out of 19

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Chris Colfer for "Glee" (2009)

I said...
Will Win: David Strathairn
Should Win: Eric Stonestreet
Wish List: Chris Colfer

Wish List? Half a mark or full mark? Coz it's my blog, I'll give myself full mark... hahahah... 13 out of 20

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: "Carlos" (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Temple Grandin
Should Win: Pillars of the Earth

Hmm... 13 out of 21

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Katey Sagal for "Sons of Anarchy" (2008)

I said...
Will Win: Julianna Margulies
Should Win: Katey Sagal
Wish List: Piper Perabo

Should win... yay... 14 out of 22

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Christian Bale for The Fighter (2010)

I said...
Will Win: Michael Douglas
Should Win: Christian Bale
Wish List: Andrew Garfield

Again, with the Should Win... 15 out of 23

0 comments: