Friday, August 6, 2010

Airbender

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime on Nickelodeon. I've heard about it before but had never gotten around to watching it until recently.


Okay, okay, because the movie's coming out, so the interest got kick-started...
There's no one really famous in the movie, except maybe that kid from Slumdog Millionaire. Here's the thing. Every adaptation, be it from books, comics or video games, the fans will be disappointed.
Yes, I was a bit disappointed. Because the movie deviated slightly from the original storylines. But then again, it's trying to establish itself as an entirely different entity so guess that's forgivable. But still, I don't heartily accept some stuff like Katara's waterbending abilities... and I don't accept the movie version of Aang. This Aang has none of the cartoon Aang's charms but they make him sound like the cartoon version.
What of the casting? None of them actually looked like the original characters.


Sokka, Aang, Katara

Movie Aang


See what I mean?

Anyway, the movie in itself is not too bad. Some of the fight scenes are nice enough. But like I said about Aang, this movie lacked the warmth and charms of the animated series...

But I guess newbies to the Benders world would like the movie.

Hopefully the second movie would be better...

0 comments: